16 Nisan 2011 Cumartesi

My Mad Hatter : Stephen Jones (milliner)

Before I start my post today I know I have been away for a long time but its not gonna be a suprise to you all as I was ill again, I had the worst sore throut ever and not just me the whole family, Oğuz, Talya my mom and even my dad ended up in the hospital with a very high fever, we are still recovering from the illness, I cannot put in words of the pain I had for the last two weeks.

I missed you all so much and I know you have missed me too so I hope I dont have to be away from you all for another long time.

My Mad Hatter : Stephen Jones (milliner)





Now this post is about my genious man, I love all his designs which are piece of art not hat but art.

They call him the world's most radical and important milliners of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.

He created hats for the catwalk shows of many leading fashion desingers, celebrities, artists and to much to mention the shows.

He was born in Cheshire in 1957 and boarded at Liverpool College. In 1975 he entered High Wycombe school of art as an art foundation student, and in 1976 attended Saint Martin's School of Art.

Awarded B.A. in Fashion design from St. Martin's School of Art. Designed Hat collection for Fiorruci.

Made hats for the 'Theatre Royal' Windsor.




He also has a new signature perfume called Stephen Jones developed with avant-garde brand Comme des Garçons which was launched in September 2008, I was after this perfurme for a very long time myself.

The perfume has been designed as a beautiful hat box style packaging it's no surprise as it is sure to become a collectors item.

And as for the notes of the perfume I think its better to write his words then mine.

"It's a violet that's been hit by a meteorite," and it includes a "synthesized cyber aldehyde."....

The notes to perfurme are: violet leaf, meteorite, cloves, carnation, rose, violet, jasmin, heliotrope, gaïac wood, magma, black cumin, vetiver, amber.

He also designed a hat box for Champagne house Perrier-Jouët, they teamed up to thrill us with a decadent treat: a personalized, limited edition leather hatbox and matching designer hat.Any one of the eight exclusive hatboxes created contains a Christofle silver ice bucket designed for Perrier-Jouët, two hand-blown anemone flutes and a bottle of the French house’s famous Belle Epoque 1999.




He has a exhibition Stephen Jones: The Accent of Fashion which was held MoMu (Antwerp, BE) and for the good news his exhibition is here in Istanbul, you can visit him at Vakko Fashion Center (Vakko Moda Merkezi) Nakkaştepe - İstanbul which I will be visiting myself all alone.


Its too bad I missed him all in flesh as Vakko gave an opeing party where he was the honnor guest, I wish I had made it to that party but we all know what I was doing during that time, yeah in bad getting my medicine with a huge sore throut.

I hope you enjoy todays post and do visit the exhibition as youll find yourself in the Alice of the Wonderland or you can imagaine Dita dancing on the stage with Stephens hats, now that I like.
Pictures are taken from the internet.

2 yorum:

Unknown dedi ki...

I stumbled upon your Blog while looking for a picture of Stephen. yes. He is everything that you said and more. And I am very proud to say that I have been his apprentice and had a priviledge of working with him.

Alycia Nichols dedi ki...

Hi, Karin! I am so, so sorry to hear you and your family have been to sick! My goodness...it sounds like you guys were all in pretty bad shape. I, too, have been very sick the last 2 weeks. Mine has been mainly concentrated in my lungs and I have had a very hard time with breathing. I am now taking breathing treatments at an Urgent Care Center. They help a lot, and now I can at least sleep at night. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I have been posting stuff that I photographed earlier this fall but never had a chance to post. This gentleman Stephen Jones is quite talented! I don't own or wear a lot of hats I'm short, and they tend to make me look shorter!), but I love his work! Very cool! I'm glad that he is branching out his talents. I hope you are soon fully recovered. Take care of yourself! Bye!!!